Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand, operating from your home office
Job type: Contractor, part-time
Hours: Flexible up to 8 hours per week
Pay rate: $26-32 per hour (depending on experience)
About the journal
Based in Palmerston North, New Zealand, Social Behavior: an international journal has been active in scholarly publishing for over 50 years. Publishing 12 issues per year and working with authors all around the world, SBP’s team is predominantly based in New Zealand with some contractors working overseas. The journal receives over 100k downloads per month and is listed in the Social Sciences Citation Index.
SBP is now looking for an IT Administrator to join the team who will be based in Palmerston North but operating from their own home office. The IT Administrator will be required to attend local meetings from time to time.
About the role
There is currently an opportunity for a part-time IT Administrator to support our IT Manager, and other members of the team, to deliver IT tasks and duties.
The IT Administrator will report directly to the IT Manager, who will establish the priority of work tasks through Microsoft Teams/Planner.
- Managing subscription renewals
- Maintaining the subscription database
- Liaising with subscription agencies
- Updating subscriber’s information
- Maintaining the author database
- Monitoring the SBP Wikipedia page
- Assisting the Editor-in Chief with technology (computer/phone) issues onsite as necessary
- Assisting team members with technology – e.g., via personal visits or TeamViewer
- Adding static pages to the website
- Updating journal article access status
- Setting up and distributing monthly newsletters
The IT Administrator will be provided with a Microsoft 365 subscription and paid antivirus software, if required.
You will be joining a team of 14 people, located mainly in New Zealand, but also in other countries.
The IT Administrator will be paid a contract rate of $26.00 (NZD) per hour excluding GST (if any) for each completed hour of work. There will be a maximum of 8 hours per week. These hours may be increased at times.
Closing date: 5pm NZST, Wednesday 22 March 2023
Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org