BIOZONE needs you to change the world!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a full-time role as a Publishing Editor and Science Writer. You will lead and help to shape the future direction of BIOZONE’s suite of print and digital offerings around the world
The publishing editor/writer will be responsible for writing and editing instructional materials for high school science curricula. You will lead the writing team, improve the quality of manuscripts and ensure projects adhere to publishing deadlines. This varied and busy role works closely with curriculum specialists, customers, and internal stakeholders. If you enjoy working in a cooperative, creative team environment, this position will suit you perfectly. You must be able to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and possess strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines. Solid science writing and research skills are a must, along with excellent editing and proofreading capabilities.
Need to know more:
The Publishing Editor / Writer will also:
- Conceptualise, pitch, and drive the creation of market-winning educational science products and services.
- Liaise with internal and external contributors (e.g. the publisher, authors, contributors, and other creative team members).
- Manage a portfolio of products and services through their life cycles, making well-timed decisions about developments and initiatives at all stages.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in pedagogical thinking and changes in science curricula.
- Provide leadership and management, ensuring efficient operation and continuous improvement of processes to improve profitability.
- Plan and deliver products aligned with business goals.
- Contribute to marketing by assisting with presentations to target audiences (may include attendance at conferences and some travel)
- Ideally, this person would be required to attend our Head Office in Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Who are we looking for:
- Previous educational publishing experience and proven track record of commercial success would be advantageous.
- Leadership and management experience
- Experience in executing complex projects from conception to completion
- Experience of portfolio management and publishing plan development would be desirable.
- Experience publishing for both local and export markets
- Ideally you will have experience teaching science in a classroom environment
- Knowledge of the local science curricula, and expectation to gain an understanding of international science curricula.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- An ability to prioritise projects by balancing a complex workload of management, business, and publishing tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English with excellent communication (verbal and written) and literacy skills
- Understanding of digital workflows and formats
Please send your CV and covering letter by email (preferred) to:
Allan Young, Finance & HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to:
BIOZONE International Limited
PO Box 5002
Please email Allan if you have any questions regarding this role. Applications close Friday 20 August 2021. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Inspiring better outcomes for our planet through science education
BIOZONE has more than 30 years of experience in the development of engaging and effective resources for science teaching and learning. Our resources are unlike any you’ve seen before, and a departure from the traditional basal textbook paradigm. We take a “worktext” approach, combining the very best features of a traditional textbook with an interactive workbook. The resulting hybrid resource provides well-designed, compact lessons that engage students and provide a rigorous yet accessible programme of work.
Our extraordinary suite of resources meet the challenges of teaching today’s students, whether they be in a traditional classroom environment, an informal teaching setting or learning remotely.