To empower and support a diverse and inclusive publishing industry in Aotearoa New Zealand.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
A publishing industry that values:
- the central role of the Treaty of Waitangi, respecting Māori as tangata whenua
- the role of Pacific peoples in Aotearoa
- the diverse cultures of Aotearoa New Zealand
- equal access or opportunity for people of all cultures, ages, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and religions
HOW WILL WE ACHIEVE THIS?
- An active subcommittee to guide diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Diversity as a permanent element in PANZ Council Advocacy portfolio
- Membership of and ongoing engagement with Diversity Works NZ
- Anton Blank (Ora Nui) as special advisor on diversity and inclusion
- Regular training and support for members
- Guidance for PANZ staff, contractors and councillors