Bateman Books is seeking an Account Manager to join our sales team. The role will be based in the Lower North Island and service accounts from Wellington, Wairarapa, Hawkes Bay, Poverty Bay, Whanganui, Taranaki and Taupō areas. Out of town travel of approximately 7 to 8 nights a month is required. The successful candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- To represent Bateman Books and its agencies, products and services to its customers, and to develop and seek new business opportunities.
- To retain positive commercial relationships with Bateman’s extensive customer base.
- Maximising sales for Bateman’s new titles and backlist to achieve sales targets.
You will be required to attend two sales meetings per year, usually in Auckland; and may be asked to come to our Auckland-based H/O at other times on occasion.
- You will ideally have some experience in the book trade, either as a sales representative or in a bookshop for two to three years.
- You will have substantial knowledge of sales processes, plus excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will need to be self-motivated.
- What matters most to us is a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent computer skills are also required.
If the above role sounds like you. please apply with your CV and a covering letter detailing why this job is for you to the General Manager, Bryce Gibson, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 1 March 2024.