Penguin Random House is a global publishing company that comprises of adult and children’s fiction and non-fiction print and digital trade book publishing. We have a proud and successful record publishing a wide range of authors from New Zealand and around the world.
We’re looking for a talented and customer focused administrator to join our team in the role of Sales Executive.
If you like variety, and a busy environment then this is the role for you! You’ll undertake a wide range of tasks including:
- Producing and collating sales information and presentations including Order Forms
- Sourcing and/or creating sales information and content for our electronic Sales Presentation system (Ekit)
- Liaising with our Australian Product and International Sales teams to obtain information as needed
- Processing Key Customer orders
- Tracking orders/shipments and liaising with our Australian based distribution centre and relevant stakeholders
- Following up delivery schedules and tracking Key Customer’s orders through freight companies and communicating changes to customers and the wider business
- Troubleshooting issues as needed
- Communicating with the Sales Team in a concise and timely manner
- Other tasks/ projects as required to support the sales teams and managers.
To succeed in this role you’ll have the following:
- Customer service and or sales experience
- Administrative experience
- Prior experience in the publishing industry or in bookshops (preferable)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience trouble-shooting issues as needed
- Be highly organised with the ability to manage competing demands
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Be a confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel and PowerPoint (critical)
Sound like you? Then what are you waiting for – apply now!
Please note that due to large volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Penguin Random House is the world’s largest trade book publisher, boasting an impressive list of authors from cherished favourites to future classics across many genres and platforms. In Australia and New Zealand, we are proud to work with the most talented writers, thinkers and achievers and publish a diverse range of local and international voices. We are the leading publisher distributing books across Australia and New Zealand, focusing on speed and reliability to reach our customers and bring the very best books to readers everywhere. Our 400+ creative and passionate people from various backgrounds and experiences work together to uphold our reputation for excellence and clear commitment to service throughout the entire publishing process, and help us to achieve exceptional results. More information can be found at https://www.penguin.com.au/ and https://www.penguin.co.nz/.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes, however is not limited to, differences in gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status and disability.
For more details and to apply click here.