OTAGO UNIVERSITY PRESS
Who we are
As part of the Research Division, Otago University Press’s mission is to publish books of scholarly and cultural significance that enrich our society.
To that end we produce a range of non-fiction books on New Zealand and the Pacific, giving special emphasis to history, natural history, Māori and Pacific, biography/memoir, essays and creative writing, literature and the arts. We also publish a small amount of poetry and the literary journal Landfall.
As the Publisher, you will:
- Promote the international and national standing and reputation of the University of Otago through the titles published by Otago University Press.
- Maintain high editorial and production standards in order to uphold the reputation of Otago University Press as a benchmark publisher.
- Work with the Editorial Board to select manuscripts for publication that make a contribution to the community, whether local, national or international.
- Lead a dedicated and professional staff, excited about new opportunities and skilled in producing and promoting good books.
- Keep abreast of new publishing technologies and trends.
Your skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Prior experience as a publisher, preferably in a scholarly press, or in journalism or editing.
- Strong cultural connections and sound scientific understanding.
- An innovative approach to publishing, producing, selling and marketing books.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting the challenges of managing a small business.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Dunedin.
If you are someone who is passionate about publishing, excited about sharing their knowledge and shares our enthusiasm for books, we would warmly welcome your interest.
We are recruiting now for a start date in March 2021.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
Applications quoting reference number 2001845 will close on Sunday, 6 December 2020.
To view all current vacancies and to apply online go to: https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2001845
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.