Publisher Account Executive – Maternity Leave Cover (1-year contract)
ABOUT THIS JOB
Do you thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment? Are you confident with Excel and enjoy working with various datasets? Are you interested in the book industry?
If you can answer yes to the above then we’d love to hear from you. Nielsen Book has a one-year maternity leave cover role available from mid-August 2021.
NielsenIQ BookScan collects point-of-sale data from more than 25,000 stores worldwide, providing the author and title sales, bestseller charts, and market share data in 11 territories: the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, and Poland. Clients include publishers, booksellers, literary agents, librarians, authors, journalists, and media companies.
You will primarily be involved in keeping the New Zealand BookScan service running like a well-oiled machine. If you can handle deadlines, data analysis, and working with a high level of attention to detail while producing the weekly New Zealand bestseller charts (among other tasks) then you will thrive in this opportunity.
In return we offer employment with a global market research leader at NielsenIQ, training on Nielsen Book products, a flexible work environment in Takapuna, a day’s birthday leave and an early Friday finish in summer.
This role is accountable for building client relationships in association with the senior manager whilst focusing on key BookScan tasks and deliverables each week. It involves developing a good understanding of the client’s priorities and providing data solutions that are aligned to client business needs. This role is a maternity leave cover for approximately one year.
Overall responsibility for data quality of the Nielsen Book Research Services in NZ
- To maintain data processing/quality of BookScan service (day-to-day, weekly and monthly)
- Devise and deliver effective methods for servicing publisher accounts to agreed levels in conjunction with the senior manager while maintaining high levels of satisfaction in services provided and meeting training needs
- To create an awareness of ad hoc book services and to promote, quote and deliver this business with the support of your Manager
- Identify growth opportunities in conjunction with the senior manager and support business development effort with Manager and ANZ teams
Development of insights for clients
- To aid customer needs in their interpretation of data and information provided
- To accurately analyse data to provide bespoke reports and insights for clients
- To ensure quality control standards are met in all servicing outputs
- To create and deliver compelling presentations to inform the client base
Key account management
- Support key account relationships and provide support on accounts as required to NZ publishers and retailers for both BookScan and BookData services
- Develop relationships with relevant contacts within key accounts
- Understand your clients business objectives so that Nielsen Book can continue to deliver insights that meet their needs
- Work closely with colleagues in other Book divisions and – where appropriate – other Nielsen divisions to provide outstanding levels of service to key clients
- Develop an understanding of all Nielsen Book products and the benefits they offer to our clients
- Provide training and support for Book Research services
Key Performance Indicators :
- Deliver timely and accurate data deliverables on a weekly/monthly basis
- Work closely with manager and other Nielsen Book staff to develop and support new product offerings that meet client needs
- Work towards meeting budgets with Senior Manager
- Provide value-added propositions to clients where appropriate
- Develop relationships with clients or prospective clients via communications and training as required
- Reflect the NielsenIQ values at all times
- Degree qualified in marketing, data analysis, business or relevant industry experience
- Structured, process-driven work ethic with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to prioritize against multiple demands on time
- Undertake regular weekly data processes in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Understanding and use of Nielsen Book products (training provided) and/or general market research techniques
- Able to analyze and integrate various data sources with the market knowledge and provide insightful responses to client queries
- A strong team player and contributor
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to interact both internally and externally with stakeholders (must have excellent English language – both written and oral)
- Previous experience in the publishing industry preferred but not essential
- Builds strong, trust-based client relationships
- Ability to craft communications that engage the audience
- Able to seek new opportunities and support company initiatives to grow revenue
Life at NielsenIQ…
At NielsenIQ, we’re proud of our diversity – our Australian and New Zealand offices alone are made up of over 50 cultures and nationalities!
We strongly believe in promoting from within. We encourage all of our people to pave their own career path and explore ways to grow with us.
We’re steadfastly inclusive. NielsenIQ is an environment that encourages all associates to be themselves, weave their talents and passions into their work, put their hand up and have their voice heard.
We operate on principles of trust and accountability. We sway against micromanagement, enabling our associates engage, include and decide in order to move swiftly and boldly, while keeping our clients at the heart of everything we do.
But wait, there’s more!
We believe in a good work/life balance and offer an extensive range of flexible working options for all associates. We also offer several leave options such as Parental Leave, Volunteer Leave, Birthday Leave, yearly bonus leave initiatives and much more. We also provide a range of programs and activities for associates to join year-round that encourage good health, wellbeing, networking and community engagement!
We provide medical insurance, life insurance and income protection along with a generous yearly study allowance for those wishing to further their education in a field related to their role or our company.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.